Registration and Cancellation Policies
Please read the following carefully.
- Registrations are taken on a first come first serve basis. Campers registering for a week that is already full may be placed on a wait-list.
- Registration is open from the end of January until programs fill. Spaces may go quickly. Contact Eliza for availability at 919-489-9045 or Eliza@msdurham.org.
- Families may register at any time up until the registration deadline for each camp, space permitting. The deadline is typically 5pm on the Monday prior to the start of the camp.
Fees and Payment Schedule
- Payment in full and a complete emergency information form is required BEFORE your child can attend camp. Payment may be made online during the registration process via credit card.
- Families may pay in two installments: 50% of the total fees at time of registration, and the remaining balance prior to May 1st. If registration is made after May 1, the entire balance must be paid at that time. If payment is not complete, you may forfeit your child’s space.
Late Registration & Waiting List
- There is a $25 late fee per enrollment after each camp's registration deadline. The deadline is typically 5pm on the Monday prior to the start of the camp.
- Payment in full is due at the time of registration for registrations after May 1st.
- If you have registered for a summer camp week that is full, we will contact you to see if you would like another week, or to be placed on a waiting list for your first choice.
- We will not process your payment until your child is enrolled in a program.
- Call or email the Summer Programs office at 919-489-9045 or Eliza@msdurham.org for availability. Family plans often change, so don’t hesitate to contact us!
- There is a $30 cancellation fee for each cancellation (per child, per camp).
- Prior to May 1st, if you decide to cancel, we will refund your money, minus the cancellation fee. No refund will be given after May 1st.
- Cancellations must be in writing: email (Eliza@msdurham.org) or letter (send to MSD Summer Camp, 2800 Pickett Road, Durham, NC 27705). No phone calls please.
- If a week you have signed up for is full and the wait-list does not open, or we cannot offer a program due to low enrollment, a full refund will be given for that week.
Change of Schedule and Drop-In Procedure & Fees
- If you need to add the Extended Hours Summer Camp option for the whole week, you may do so at any time prior to the enrolled week, space permitting.
- If you need to change which week your child will be attending camp, you may do so, space permitting, for an additional $10 fee.
- On weeks when your child is signed up for camp, they may drop-in during our extended hours (to 3, 4, or 5:30 pm), space permitting, on a day-to-day basis, with at least one hour advance notice.
Late Pick Up Policy
- If you are late picking up your child, your child will be placed into extended hours care, space permitting, for $15/hour, with a one-hour minimum charge.
- If you are late picking up your child enrolled for a 5:30pm pick-up, you or your Emergency contacts will be notified to pick up your child and you will be charged as follows:
First Time: $5.00 per each 5 minutes late per child
Second Time: $10 per each 5 minutes late per child
Third and Subsequent Times: $15 per each 5 minutes late per child