Montessori School of Durham offers a range of optional Enrichment Programs after school in music instruction, beekeeping, karate, soccer, dramatic arts, movement or dance, yoga, craft-making, and more, through contracts with local professional teachers.
Some offerings are individual lessons (e.g. piano); some are group classes targeted for a particular age range of students. Offerings vary from semester to semester, although there are some constants. Sign-up is on a semester by semester basis. Each class has a separate Enrichment Fee which is in addition to MSD tuition and After School fees. Special drop-in care rates are available for enrichment students not enrolled in the After School program, so that a child can attend After School between the end of the school day and the time the enrichment class begins. Siblings and friends are invited to register for our Enrichment classes, even if they are not enrolled at MSD! Please contact Eliza@msdurham.org with questions.
MSD Fall 2023 Enrichment Registration is open! Register before the deadline of Tuesday, September 5th at 11pm.
- Soccer Shots (Early Childhood), Mondays from 3:00-4:00pm
- Citizen Naturalists with Dragonfly Nature Program (Elementary, 1st-6th grade), Mondays from 3:00-4:30
- Ukulele Lessons (K-3rd grade students) and Guitar Lessons (4th-6th grade students) with Jeb, Tuesday or Thursday half-hour individual lessons
- After School Art with Janine (Lower Elementary, 1st-3rd grade), Tuesdays, 3:00-4:30pm
- STEM- Robotics and Science (Early Childhood), Wednesdays 3:00-3:45pm
- Piano or Clarinet with Shihhan (Individual lessons for Early Childhood and Elementary), Wednesday or Friday Half-Hour Individual Lessons
- Kindermusik with Barbra (Early Childhood), Thursdays from 3:00-3:45pm
- Zumba with Betsy (Elementary, 1st-6th grade), Thursdays from 3:00-4:00pm
- STEM- Rise of the Bots (Elementary, 1st-6th grade), Friday, 3:00-4:00pm