Montessori School of Durham offers a range of optional Enrichment Programs after school in music instruction, beekeeping, karate, soccer, dramatic arts, movement or dance, yoga, craft-making, and more, through contracts with local professional teachers. Read about the enrichment offerings for Fall 2021.
Some offerings are individual lessons (e.g. piano); some are group classes targeted for a particular age range of students. Offerings vary from semester to semester, although there are some constants. Sign-up is on a semester by semester basis. Each class has a separate Enrichment Fee which is in addition to MSD tuition and After School fees. Special drop-in care rates are available for enrichment students not enrolled in the After School program, so that a child can attend After School between the end of the school day and the time the enrichment class begins. Please contact Eliza@msdurham.org with questions.
MSD Enrichment Registration is open! Register before the deadline of Tuesday, Sept. 7th at 6pm.
*At this time, due to COVID-19 precautions, Enrichment courses are for MSD students only. Typically, we enjoy inviting siblings and friends to register for our Enrichment classes!
- Early Childhood- Soccer Shots (Mondays, 3:00-4:00pm)
- Early Childhood- Let's Get Civil, STEM for Kids with Shelby (Wednesdays, 3:00-3:45pm)
- Early Childhood- Music and Me with Pamela (Thursdays, 3:00-4:00pm)
- Lower & Upper Elementary- Citizen Naturalists with Rachel of DragonFly Nature Programs (Mondays, 3:00-4:00pm)
- Lower Elementary- After School Art with Janine (Tuesdays, 3:00-4:30pm)
- Lower & Upper Elementary- City Planning, Stem for Kids with Shelby (Thursdays, 3:00-4:00)
- Lower Elementary- NC Systema Martial Arts with Pasquale (Fridays, 3:00-4:00pm)
- Upper Elementary- Graphic Design with Karina of VineyardAppCamp (Wednesdays, 3:00-4:00pm)