General Distancing and Safety Protocols
- Face Coverings: Students 2-years old and above will wear face coverings as they are able throughout the day. We do not allow masks that have exhalation valves or vents or neck gaiters as face coverings on campus
- Campus Transitions: The children will stay in their classroom, in their classroom’s outdoor work space, or on the playground at designated times, throughout the entire day. If necessary, teachers will coordinate movement of children around campus using walkie talkies.
- Celebrations: Celebrations of any kind, such as birthdays and holidays, will be enjoyed in the individual class inside the classrooms or outside with social distancing.
Faculty and Staff:
- Social Distancing:
- Staff and faculty are encouraged to social distance from the students and one another throughout the day. The level of distancing between students and teachers may vary depending on the age of the child.
- Communication will be by computer, phone, or walkie talkie as much as possible.
- Face Coverings: Faculty and staff will wear face coverings whenever possible.
- Hand washing: Faculty and staff are encouraged to wash their hands often, according to our workplace protocols. Specific times when they should wash their hands include:
- Transitioning from room to room
- After using the restroom
- After sneezing, coughing, or nose blowing
- Before and after eating
- After touching commonly used surfaces
- If it is necessary for them to be in contact with a student.
For the safety of both the individual child and the rest of the group, if any child is consistently unwilling to follow our distancing procedures, they will be moved to the office and parents/guardians will be called to pick up their child. The child will be able to return when the parents/guardians have had an opportunity to conference with the child’s teacher and either the Assistant Head of School or the Director of Elementary Education to discuss expectations moving forward.